Tuesday, March 29, 2022

replaceable

So when I was on the river cruise my bags were lost for 3 days.  I wondered if they were lost for good.  Maybe there was something in them that someone wanted?  You hear stories of such things happening.

So I started making a list of what items I would miss if the bags were lost for good.

Here it is:
  1. Some of my favorite shirts.
  2. My manicure kit.
  3. My 2007 World Series Jacket [sentimental feelings]
  4. My medication.




Everything else was completely replaceable.  And when you think about it, so were my jacket, my favorite shirts, the manicure kit and my medication.

And so we worry so much.  I was really chill with the folks on the boat about my luggage being lost.  It was not their fault.  I did not want to hurt them.  I did not want to deliver my first world angst to them.

In the end, it all showed up.  Next time I go on a trip, I am going to take much less stuff than this time.  We are way too attached to our stuff.  It either does not matter, or it can simply be replaced.

 It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: