Friday, March 11, 2022

I had a feeling...

So I drive a 2017 Kia Sportage.  I have changed the oil every 5,000 miles.  It has been a great car.  I got a notification on the dash the other night that the right headlight was out.  So on the way home last week, I bought a new headlight bulb.  The next morning I planned to install it before I drove 92 miles to Orlando.

So in the morning, I had the hood up.  I replaced the bulb.  Then I had a very funny feeling.  It was like a voice was saying, "check the oil."

Well, I have never checked the oil on this car because it goes in for regular oil changes.  But I decided to listen to the voice.  I checked the oil.  To my astonishment, it was 4 quarts low.  That means that there was only one quart still in the motor.  If I kept driving it, at some point, the motor was going to blow.

I went and bought some oil.  I started to do some investigating as to why this may have happened.  Yesterday I replaced the PCV valve.  I am checking the oil level regularly.  Next week that car is going to the Kia dealer for a check up.

I am so thankful for that still small voice.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: