Saturday, March 26, 2022

Wishful thinking

I run across things from time to time, that I really like, but I also recognize that they might be wishful thinking.

A few weeks ago, my Pastor read about the Methodist Church's stance for peace.  I love peace, I think everyone does, but there does come a time when what we wish for is no longer possible.

The other day I saw a shirt with this slogan, "The world is a sphere, there is no east or west."  I love that.  I love the idea that we are all in this together and that we can/should all get along.

I would like to think that 100 of my friends could go to Washington, be the Senate and actually treat each other with respect.

No East or West?  I wish it were true, but we have seen it playing out during my entire life that there is a competition, a separation between the two.

I can affect nothing on the world stage, but I will say this:  in my own life, in every way that I can, I am going to work to include everyone and to value everyone.  At least in my own little sphere, there does not have to be an East and a West.

Care to join me?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: