Thursday, March 3, 2022

Relax please

So my niece and her daughter are visiting. Five year old Aria. 

Cathy and my niece are out to lunch and Aria wants to swim. The water is 78°.  Little too cold for this guy to swim.  So I’m watching her get in the pool and watching her swim around.  I am watching her using cups throwing water out of the pool. When I was a young father I would’ve told my children to stop throwing the water out of the pool.  She is drawing with chalk on the pool deck!!! I was worried about so much back when I was young, things that didn't really matter.   But I realize now that I can put more water in the pool and the chalk will wash off and this is just not a big deal.  Being a grandparent, a grand uncle is so nice. It’s so great because I let her do just about whatever she wants and I don’t worry about it because nothing‘s gonna be permanently damaged.   I just enjoy watching her young brain do and learn and enjoy.


We went for breakfast one morning at Bob Evans and she had chocolate chip pancakes, and a big glass of chocolate milk. I wish I’ve been better when I was a young father and not so worried about what my children were doing. But at least we’ve learned along the way - don’t cry over spilled milk - don’t make a big deal out of it.  It’s fun watching her play.

It feels good to be more relaxed at this stage of my life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: