Sunday, March 13, 2022

Reaching for people

So I spent 9 days in Seneca Falls, New York. I was working 8 miles away in Geneva New York. I happened by chance the first night I was in Seneca Falls to find a local joint called Dewey‘s.  I was taken in.  I was there every night for for the entire trip. I got to know the servers. Nice people and we had nice talks.  The food was good and the food was very very affordable.

So I talked with the locals and I visited with the servers, we talked about life, we talked about family. The last night I was there I was saying goodbye because I was flying home the next morning. One of them gave me a hug. It didn’t mean anything strange. It just meant that on a journey of life one nice person met another nice person and they were kind to each other.  

Kindness isn’t always practiced as much as it should be. If you ever go to Seneca Falls, go to Dewey's on third Street. There are good people there. In fact they’re good people a lot of places if we’re looking for them. 

We should be doing everything that we can, every day, every moment to bring people out of their shells.  We need to help them see that they are valuable.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


I am, along with Sherri Swanson and Aaron Brown, leading a trip to the Holy Land January 23-February 2, 2023.

For more information, click the link below.  And if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

Click here for the brochure

No comments: