Sunday, March 6, 2022

the dog

So I was watching the news about the Russian invasion of Ukraine.  Oh, how I feel for those people.  It is just gut wrenching to think about it.  One moment, your life is your life and the next moment the Russians invade.

I have to take breaks from watching it as it makes me heartsick.


And so let me switch topics... My daughter Jenny has a poodle named George.  He is the best dog in the world.  Our entire family loves him and George loves all of us.  He is so excited to see us.  He loves to give big hugs.  We would never want anything to happen to George.





And so I was watching the news about the Russian invasion of Ukraine and there is this picture of an area that had been bombed and a guy is carrying his dog.  I thought about the dog.  [you can see him by the yellow vehicle.]

Yesterday, I had the life of a pet.  Coddled, back scratched, and loved.  I had owners that loved me and protected me.  Now there are all of these terrible loud noises.  If my owners are killed, or if they cannot care for me, I may be on the street.  A tame, loveable pet, turned loose in a world full of wild animals and wild people.

The whole thing is so sad.

Be good to your pets.  Be good to people. No invasions please.  No hatefulness please,  only kindness.

No comments: