Monday, February 28, 2022

laughter

Jackie Gleason
It is said that laughter is good for the soul.

A few weeks ago I was watching a show and I started to laugh.  A big "grin til your face hurts" belly laugh.  Then it occurred to me... I was hearing my Dad...  My laugh sounded like my Dad's.

For all of the difficulty of my childhood, one of the things that I remember fondly was the occasional moment when my Dad would be watching a show, and break out in laughter.  He loved the Muppet Show and the Honeymooners with Jackie Gleason.

I might be upstairs in my room, as far away as you could be, and hear him laughing all the way from the TV.  Even as I write this, it brings a smile to my face to remember my Dad laughing.  Good times.  Happy times.  

May we all laugh, my we grin til our face hurts, may we have more big fat belly laughs.  Laughter is good for the soul.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: