Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Hook


A hook usually has a barb on the end so that the fish cannot get off easily.  And so there is the phrase, "to let someone off the hook."  Imagine how a fish feels when he or she is on the hook.  "Uh-oh, what just happened to me?  Panic.  Tugging.  Pain.  I can't breathe.  Please please please let me off the hook."

You can let the fish off the hook and throw him back in.  You can also let people off of the hook.  And when you do so, it is a joyful thing.  A subcontractor on one of the jobs was ugly and angry to me.  I wasn't involved in what he was upset about, I was just his target.  I just kept being nice to him.  Later, he apologized for taking it out on me.

I let him off the hook.  "No worries my friend."

It feels good to let people off the hook.  To forgive them, to release them.

Who has done you wrong?  Let them off the hook.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

No comments: