Thursday, February 24, 2022

the power of thank you

Gratitude, being thankful, is one of the most powerful things in the world. When I find gratitude, I don't worry about anything. I don't worry about money, I don't worry about my kids, I don't worry about anything.

When I find gratitude, I find happiness. The pains and concerns in my life just slip through my fingers and they are gone.  I lift up my head and I see the sky.

There is an old hymn... "Count your blessings name them one by one." If we started counting our blessings, we would get nothing done today.

What are your blessings?
I have a great wife that loves me.
I have great friends.
I have 3 great kids.
I was born in a great country.
I have a clear mind.
I can see.
I can hear.
I can walk.
I have a car that runs.
If the car doesn't run, I can get it fixed.
I can move about the country or the world if I so choose.
I have seen the Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Yellowstone.
I have discovered the joy of living a generous life.

On and on I could go. What about you?

Eckhart von Hochheim (1260 – 1328), commonly known as Meister Eckhart was a German Catholic Priest of the Dominican order. He is a revered and studied, theologian, philosopher and mystic.

About all I really remember about the guy is this quote:

If the only prayer you learned in your whole life was, "thank you," that would be enough.
~Meister Eckhart

Dear God, 
THANK YOU!!!
Amen

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure


No comments: