Friday, February 4, 2022

Not a fan

I have never been a fan of political correctness.  Now I understand that some things are demeaning, and I don't want anyone demeaned.  I agreed with renaming the Washington "Redskins."  But the Cleveland Indians?  What is next?  Will the Chiefs have to become something else?

Robert E. Lee is being melted down...

All of these statues are coming down.  Ok, I get it that they maybe should not be in the main square, in the main street of town, but melt them down?  Some of these works of art depict slave owners, but they also depict a time in our history.  We should not forget our history.  I wish instead of melting them down, they would create a park called, "Times to remember."  Then anyone that wanted to go see them, at least they could.


I read today that the statue of Teddy Roosevelt is being removed from the front of the Museum of Natural History.  At least they are not going to destroy the statue.  It is being moved to Teddy's presidential library.  Finally some common sense.

I am not a fan of racism or colonialism, but we cannot erase our past.  If we forget the past, we are doomed to repeat it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

No comments: