Sunday, February 27, 2022

I was scared

So a couple of weeks ago my job ended in Geneva NY.  What a beautiful part of the country.  What a beautiful town.   I had a 40 mile drive to the Rochester NY airport.  It was snowing.

I have not driven in snow for 6 years.  The snow was blowing.  Visibility was bad.  The lanes were snow covered.  40 miles.  Locals would have made fun of me, and years ago, I did this every winter.  But it has been a while.  And I am no longer a spring chicken.

I was scared.  The picture in this post is a stock picture from the internet, I did not take it as I had both hands on the wheel.  The picture is a very real representation of what I was dealing with.  At one point, I was in tears.  I was scared.  Three cars were off the road.  The navigation kept telling me that there was an accident ahead!!!

I called a bunch of people.  Please talk to me and take my mind off of what is happening.  I drove 5 miles an hour below the speed limit.  Locals passed me.  I don't care.  Be safe Jeff!!!

Fortunately I made it to the airport.  I got inside and took off my heavy jacket and stuffed it in my suitcase.  

I am done with snow for a while.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure


No comments: