Wednesday, February 16, 2022

find a way

The names have been changed to protect the identity... A friend sent me an email.  Some of this is them, some of this is me describing the email... dance with the tenses with me and just settle on the point... If a person really wants to, they can find a way to be gracious, to reach for others, to be helpful... masks, plexiglass and all.


So, I work in a setting where I have to wear masks all day.   Air purifying machines are  running and we are surrounded by plexiglass. People are told to stand 6 feet away. Despite my 2 vaccinations and booster, COVID spread through our family at Christmas. Bummer!

In spite of all of this, this friend, this blog reader is making a conscious effort to establish friendly eye contact, wave, and speak with a warm, relaxed voice. When I have to ask a shopper to repeat themselves because of muffled mask mutters, I ask respectfully: “Excuse me. Would you please repeat that? Thank you.” I make sure that my voice is so warm, butter would melt!

I am probably totally forgettable to the people that pass through, but I am working hard to momentarily rescue them from an inaudible and work to secure friendly and effective communication. I, as all of us look forward to masklessness.

Friends, please follow this example and work hard at reaching for people.  Look them in the eye.  Ask their name... we are here on this planet to love people.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure


No comments: