Tuesday, February 15, 2022

ungenerous

I was talking to a friend not too long ago.  They expressed that they did not feel that they were very generous.

Now this is a lovely human that I am very fond of.

We talked about many ways to be generous... to share your time, to give a smile, to hold open a door, to give money, on and on it goes.

I want to say this... Years ago, I never really thought about being generous.  Now I think about it a lot.  Who can I help?  Who can I be there for?  I learned these thoughts by watching two friends.  I loved seeing their generosity and I wanted to emulate that.

If you feel that you are not very generous, then here is the good news... you can change that.  If there is an area where you can give more of yourself, your time, your talents or your treasure, I encourage you to do so.

How much more time do we have on this earth?  Do you want to spend the rest of your days feeling like you are not generous?  Or do you want to learn to give yourself and your stuff away?

I know that it is counterintuitive, but it is true "generous people are happy people."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

No comments: