Monday, February 14, 2022

closer to the end

Today if you woke up, you are closer to the end than to the beginning. How old do we have to get before we realize that? No one is getting younger. No one leaves this life in a vertical position.

And so lately, I am looking at my hands on this keyboard and I wonder what happened to my hands. What happened to my skin. Just yesterday that hand played softball. Just yesterday that hand slung a hammer. Just yesterday that hand baptized a baby. Now suddenly, I am so much closer to the end than the beginning.

I learned something else about growing older... it was raining last week when I was in Charleston.  When it rains you get really wet.  You get much wetter than you did when you were young.  You can't run as fast as young people, so instead of 30 seconds of rain walking into the store, you get a minute and a half.  The other thing too about being older, you can't remember where the umbrella is.  Or if you even still have one.

We are all getting closer to the end.  Make every day count.  Love every person.  Ask their name.  Tell them thank you.  Make every moment count...........

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

No comments: