Wednesday, February 23, 2022

I am enjoying

I had a very interesting thought the other day.  "I am enjoying life more now, than I ever have!"

And I ask myself why?  My knees are shot.  On bad days I limp and cannot climb a ladder.  My muscle tone has gone to the dogs.  I have lost the rest of my hair.  I look in the mirror and my face is blotchy, bumpy and sagging.

Yet, I have this thought... I am enjoying life now, more than ever.  

Why?  Hmmm, let me think on that.

Well, I have finally started reaching for people.  I am treating people better than I ever have and that is karma.  It comes back to you.  Meeting strangers in new towns, and after a week, they want to stay in touch with you.

I don't have to win anymore.  I don't have to be in charge.  I can go with the flow.  I can let others set the pace.  I can follow.  I can support them.

I am not worried about God.  I am not worried about belief.  I know he loves me, and I just try to love others the best that I can.

I am growing in gratitude.  Being thankful is such a beautiful thing.

So, four reasons that I can come up with on the fly:
- reach for people
-give up needing to be in charge
-make peace with the God of love
- practice gratitude

Here at 64, I am living my best life.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure


No comments: