Sunday, February 6, 2022

alarmist

I have to stop watching the news.  The national new is alarmist.  "OH, NO! THE SKY IS FALLING." 


They say it is going to snow 12 inches, and it snows 1/2 inch.  Evidently all of Florida is in the hospital with covid-19.

Part of my problem with the national news is the incorrect, over exaggerated information.  My other problem is the alarmist tone that the information is delivered in.

Every time I watch the news, when I am done, I have to take a deep breath and find my peace again.  It's like they want us to be worried about everything.

I for one, do not want to worry.  I don't want to be worked up about everything.

When I was a kid, one of my Dad's old sayings was, "what will we do if bread gets up to $1 a loaf?"  His answer was, "we will buy bread."

Don't let the alarmists rob you of joy.  We need to step out onto the playing field of life with a peaceful heart so that we can be good to people and good to ourselves.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

No comments: