Saturday, February 19, 2022

Do you take tips?

I was at the Atlanta airport sitting at the gate.  A fellow a few years older than me came rolling up in a wheelchair.  There are employees at airports that their job is to pick you up in a wheelchair and take you to the next gate and get you on the plane.

Guess what?  They take tips.  And they should.

So this guy is sitting in the wheelchair just complaining about everything.  I look at the guy that has to push him around.  He looks at me.  We share this look of "what is wrong with this guy?"  I want to say something, but I don't.

But I can't get it out of my head.  The plane finally takes off and lands in Melbourne.  On the way out thru the terminal I catch up to the new guy who is pushing this dude.  I asked the pusher if he took tips.  He said, "sure, most people tip us."  I gave him $5.

I hope the grouchy man, being pushed in the wheelchair will think in the future about those who are serving him.  

We should all be thinking about others.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure


No comments: