Friday, February 25, 2022

Girl Scout Cookies


So the girl scouts are out selling cookies.  

Here is what I do.  I walk up to the table and ask how many girls are selling cookies. I ask them which is their favorite kind.  2 girls selling I buy two boxes, 4 girls selling, I buy four boxes, one each of their favorite kinds.

I ask them how much.  They tell me $5 a box.  I act surprised.  I tell that that when I was their age, the cookies were $2.50 a box.  I tell them that when my dad was their age, the cookies were free!  [all laugh]

They give me the cookies.  Then I give them back to them, each girl gets a box of their favorite kind.  I tell them have a nice day, and I walk away.

Always brings some joy to the girls and the moms.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

No comments: