Thursday, February 10, 2022

The woman with the pink hair

Yesterday I posted about working again.  One of the wonderful things about working is that it allows me to be more generous.

So I was out of town last week.  I stayed, as I often do at a below average motel.  One night I was in the front office after work because my key would not work.  A woman with pink hair was in line in front of me, she was paying for another night.  It seems that she, her husband and two kids are living in the car or living in such motels.

The next night I was in to talk about the check out procedure.  She was there too.  After I finished my business with the clerk, she stepped up to the counter to pay for another night... $60.  I pulled $40 out of my pocket and put it on the counter.  I said, "let me help."  She was ecstatic.

However good she felt about that, I tell you, it made me feel wonderful.  

I don't tell you this to brag.  I tell you this because I want every one who reads this stuff to find ways to help others.  That is why we are here on this planet.  To live a generous life is a wonderful thing.  And, and... it is never too late to start.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a River Cruise to Belgium and the Netherlands March 19-27, 2022. If you are interested in reading about the trip or joining in, the link is below.

click here for the brochure

No comments: