Wednesday, October 25, 2023

compassion fatigue

I feel it sometimes.  It is this feeling that I just can't take any more bad news.  So I turn the TV off.  I don't read that article on the internet.  My heart just cannot take anymore.

Sometimes I think that this is ok.  I would rather see my friends and hug them.  I would rather hang with people that I can just enjoy life with.  Sometimes I can't take any more.

The problem with this is that such an attitude can empower the very evil that we are against.  Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

So, take a break if you must.  But after your heart has some time to heal, reengage the world.  Work for good.  Use the power that God has given you to be the Good Samaritan.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: