Wednesday, October 18, 2023

The Doors

So I’m driving to the job site.  The sun is not up - it is a dark drive to work. Then, on the radio comes the Doors song "Light My Fire."  My brain is transported back in time, to another day when I was driving to work in the dark. It was 1975 and I was 18 years old. I was the “maintenance man" at McDonald’s.  That shift started at 5am. Back then I made $2.05 an hour. On the way to work that morning I ran out of gas. Well, I was always running on empty, so I kept a gallon of gas in the back of the car. 

That morning in the dark in 1975 as I was pouring gas into my '73 Chevy Vega, the song playing on the radio was The Doors "light my fire."

I don’t know why I remember that morning, that experience.  Our brains are amazing for what they remember and what they forget.  But now, every time the Doors, light, my fire comes on, I remember that day running out of gas in 1975. 

 Maybe in the future I’ll remember driving to that store in Rochester, New York as well.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: