Saturday, October 7, 2023

save someone else

So you see something that is not right.  You can say, "not my problem."  You can leave the broken thing for the next person to find.

Or, you can take the time and make the effort to help the next person down the line.

I was working at my daughter's house in Chicago.  I noticed this nail in the driveway.  I pick it up so that it does not end up in one of their tires.  I did not do this because it was my daughter's house, I do this all the time.  I have had enough nails and screws in my tires over the years, that if I ever see one in a parking lot or such, I pick it up.  Save the next person the headache.

There have to be many such ways that this can apply to the rest of life:  pick up the banana peel, remove the poison ivy, let someone know that your rental car has a tire with a slow leak... take the trash out so the next person does not have to... and on and on it can go.

Don't leave a problem for the next person.  If you can fix it, go for it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: