Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Israel

My heart goes out to Israel.  Ugg - there is a gut punch in my stomach.  Imagine how they must feel.  

When the planes struck on 9-11 I called my dad and asked him if this was like Pearl Harbor.  He told me that it was worse.  I asked him why.  He told me, "On December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor, a military installation was attacked.  Military property and soldiers were targeted."

On 9-11, civilians were attacked.  That is why it is worse than Pearl Harbor.

Now we have civilians targeted, murdered, and over 100 taken hostage.  I cannot imagine.  I cannot imagine what the response of our government would be if Canada launched 5,000 missiles into our country, attacked 20 towns and took civilians hostage.

There must be a terrible outrage in Israel.

My heart is sick.

I pray for Israel, I pray for my friend and tour guide Avi Ben Joseph.

Not sure where any of this is going, but the door to a very dark time may have just opened.

It is hard to say that it is a beautiful day.  But I will continue to believe that this is our Father's world.  

No comments: