Tuesday, October 17, 2023

making room for others

Manager parks by front door.
So I’ve been working out of town all week at this retail store. We have 1/4 of the parking lot completely blocked off and another quarter impaired. I guess you could park there but it’s not as easy. 

And I’ve noticed every day that the staff has come to work at the store and they all park in the very best places closest to the front door. It’s like they have no regard at all for their customers, many of whom are elderly. 

This reminds me of a story the bishop once told, he said that he could tell everything about a church simply by where the pastor parked. 

What do you take for yourself? Do you take the best for yourself? Even if other people would need it? What do I take to myself? I should think about this more.

Over the years, I had to ask people to change service times, go to a different service, scoot into the middle of the pew, and park further away, all to accommodate others. Some pushed back and complained, but most got it. Most people understood the principal of displacing myself so that others can be included.

The apostle Paul wrote in Romans 12 "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
- - - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure
If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: