Thursday, August 9, 2007

A good word

"I need you, you need me, we're all a part of God's body,
stand with me, agree with me, we're all apart of God's body."

I wake today with these words in my heart! Those gospel songs are doing a job! Ya'll need to join the gospel choir.

Prov 15 "A good word at the right time, how good it is."

Now I don't think we should live on the approval of others, but a good word at the right time is such a blessing. I received such a word last night. Just a simple email from someone that I admire. For no reason, they were just writing to bring a good word. Thank you!

We all have an incredible amount of power that we can exercise with our mouths. We can wound people, we can hurt them, or we can encourage them. Your kids, your family, your coworkers, your neighbors, are all waiting for a good word. Just a word of love.

Just do it. Spring out. Even if you don't feel loving. Let's all promise that today, we will tell at least one person how much they mean to us. This will be good.

Thanks friend, for the nice note last night.

A good word at the right time. How good it is.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Song of Deborah said...

1. My name is Deb Spaulding.

2. My quest is to finish the race set before me and enter into my Father's house.

I've found a way to use less plastic shampoo bottles. I purchased a mega jar with a pump from my hairdresser, so I can refill it whenever I run out of shampoo. Just so you know, I use more shampoo than you do, since I have a lot more hair than you do.

It's a good thing the value of our life's work is not based upon how many shampoo bottles we empty. Hmmm. But this is certainly food for thought.

Thank you pastor! Your daily devotional messages rock!

Deb Spaulding
Faith UMC - St. Charles, MO
www.songofdeborah.com