Sunday, August 12, 2007

little miracles in the night

Night time can be amazing. Sure it can be depressing too, but there are some amazing things that happen at night. At night, during sleep, the brain still works. And you get rested. Figure that out. At night, during sleep, problems are solved, sins are forgiven [or seemingly so], wounds are healed, peace is acquired. Sometimes it takes a few days to sleep off a deep wound, but the sleep of the night always eventually resolves what I cannot resolve in the daytime.

Last night, I had good dreams. Odd thing is, I don't even remember what they were, but I remember waking up thinking, "that is really cool."

I had a song in my mind again, in the night and when I woke. "Crown Him with many crowns." It is number 327 in the Methodist hymnal. We sing it once a year, right after Easter. How did it get in my brain? Go figure, but I am glad it was there. Nice thoughts to wake up to.

Anyway, these kinds of things that happen in the night, absolutely amaze me. It is another illustration of God's goodness and the miraculous nature of the human body and this life.

I hope that you make it to church today. It's gonna be a good day in the house of the Lord.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: