Wednesday, August 8, 2007

ups and downs

Life has ups and downs. It just does. You can wish that it didn't, you can pretend that it doesn't, but it just does.

I don't know about you, but I will go for months and feel happy as a lark, and then go thru a period of time where I feel like I am fighting to keep my head above water. These periods of struggle, these downs usually come for little or no reason. They used to really bother me. Now, I know that they are going to come, and they are going to go. Eventually they are going to run their course and be done. Just hang on.

When these periods of time come, I try really hard to keep the chin up. But, there are always those who can read me. They want to know what is wrong. What is wrong? Nothing really....its just one of those times. This too shall pass.

Well, how about a change now. Oh, praise God for the power of music. I can't get it out of my head!
It is still the music from the gospel choir on Sunday:

Joy, joy, God's great joy.
Joy, joy, down in my soul.
Sweet beautiful, soul saving joy,
Ooooh joy, joy in my soul.

When I am weak, and I can't go on.
All of my strength, my hope is gone.
In the midnight hour, I cry to my God
He gives me joy, joy in my soul.

Joy, joy, God's great joy.
Joy, joy, down in my soul.
Sweet beautiful, soul saving joy,
Ooooh joy, joy in my soul.


If you are struggling with a down time, turn on some Christian music. Go buy some music that blesses you. Get the words and the tune stuck in your head. Pretty soon, you will be waking up with positive words in your mind and a glad heart.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: