Monday, August 20, 2007

opps I did it again

I received a flyer underneath my office door yesterday:

Lost Pet:
Garden spider, non poisonous............
escaped from his cage on Saturday.........
answers to the name of "Webber"......
if found, please call [name withheld]......
greatly missed.

[if you don't understand this, then read yesterday's blog]

Well, I did it again. I am afraid that I have unintentionally caused harm to another human being. At least this time, it's all kind of in good fun.

I do think alot about how my actions affect others. I guess part of me deep down inside is a pleaser. Its kind of a blessing and a curse. I would rather make you happy than to disappoint you. So I work hard at it, and I always try to think about how I am coming across.

That is the good part. Pleasers tend to be sensitive and kind.

The bad part is that pleasers tend to worry too much. They apologize for things that didn't even register on the radar screen of the other person.

I guess if given a choice, I would rather be a pleaser who worried too much, than to be someone who didn't care about the feelings of others.

Not sure how to strike a balance with this, except to be more careful the next time I step on someone else's spider. I didn't see his collar until it was too late. Sorry. Send me a bill and I will buy you a replacement for Webber.

Humor is good. Thanks for the note.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Lion's Den Man said...

Oh my do we feel bad! We just found Webber in the corner of the garage feeding on a few unsuspecting insects. I think the pet spider you murdered might have belonged to Jeff M's neighbor's kids. Anyway, I'm sure you acted out of fear and did not intentionally mean to harm this spider. Pleasers are a blessing to all that they come in contact with......thanks for worrying about all of us.

Alli said...

That's funny dad. I think I can guess who wrote that note. haha.