Wednesday, August 29, 2007

a little whiner

A little whiner lives inside of each of us. Well, that's not fair. Maybe a little whiner doesn't live inside of you, but there is definitely a little whiner that lives inside of me.

Sometimes I try to find him and kill him but he is very good at finding places to hide. Sometimes I don't see him for a long time, and I think that he has gone to live in some politician, but something happens that he doesn't like, and boom, he is back at it.

When the whiner takes control, or is allowed to be in control, he makes everyone around me miserable. I am miserable too. The whiner delivers a character to others that I do not want to have on display.

I apologize for every time the little whiner has had the upper hand. I am sorry that he is in there somewhere, and I am sorry that he can be hurtful.

I pray for the grace and strength that we preach to keep the little whiner under raps. He got out for a little while yesterday. Today, he will be in hiding I hope.

In spite of our shortcomings, its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: