Sunday, November 11, 2007

Betty's Tree

Awake thou that sleepest, and the light of Christ shall shine on thee.

This is a real tree. It is in Betty's backyard. Are you awake? Are you alive? Look at this tree. Wow, does it declare the glory of God. The colors of fall call us to praise our Creator.

If you can't see the glory of God in this tree, how will you ever hear it in a sermon? Wake up! See the signs. Pull this picture into your computer and make it your background.

On a side note. Betty, you are the best. I don't get to tell you, but I love you. I admire you. What a blessing it is to have you in my life. Thanks for sharing your tree with us.

It's a beautiful fall day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe something special happened Sunday. Not to put down every other Sunday--I always come away with things to think about, changes I want to make.

But Sunday I left feeling on top of the world. Full of gratefulness, full of thanks and full of energy to help others. Like a PEZ dispenser :)

Thank you for that. Thank you for this blog, too. When I'm having one of "those" days, I often come read it to help me get the focus off my "poor me" attitude and on what really matters.

So thank you for everything you do, in the up times and the down times. It really does matter.