Saturday, November 10, 2007

ring the bell

It's time to ring the bell. Every year I do this. It is one of my favorite things. In addition to the little bell they give you, I have a small cow bell that gets a little bit of playing time. Walmart on 291 in Lee's Summit, 9am -11am today.

I see people walk by the red kettle. I see lots of people walk by. But I also meet many wonderful generous people. I watch them hand their babies a dollar and teach their babies to be generous.

I get to say, "thank you." I get to bless them. Ringing the bell for the Salvation Army is something that reminds me of the deep needs of humanity. It helps me see the good in so many generous hearts. It allows me to participate in a small way, in making the world a better place.

If you want to ring the bell, go to this web site:
www.ringkc.com

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: