Saturday, November 24, 2007

Shopping Day 2

Ok, I admit it, I went shopping yesterday morning. It was about 7am and I had two thoughts. 1. Kohls may have some good stuff on sale. My son goes thru clothes. I could pick him up some stuff. 2. My son Scott works at Best Buy and he had to be there at 4am. I want to stop by and see how he is doing.

I watch Johnny Rowlands. Traffic into the mall area is moving. Ok. I am good.

I arrive at the mall and park near Chillis. I walk to Kohls. I look thru mens. No bargains. Lots of 50% off, but that is off of full imaginary retail. Still too expensive. I end up back by kitchen stuff. Must be something going on here. Big crowd............No wait......... This is where the line begins. This is where you stand to begin the long wait to the front. Picture in your brain how long that line is. It would take an hour, maybe two, to get thru it. Silly.

I walked past all of the people in line. Some of them only had one thing. They were going to wait all that time to save $15. Ok. I walked past them all. I snuck in the front and cut the line.

Just kidding.

I headed right out the door. The whole thing just seems silly.

How many shirts do I need? How many pairs of shoes? Well, giving things is a way that we tell people that we love them. Is it? What if we just told them that we loved them? Every day, in one way or another. Wouldn't have to buy the shirt.

On a personal note: Scott I did not know you were a reader. Welcome Brother. Also, I am ringing the bell for the salvation army today from 9-11 at Walmart in Lees Summit. If you want to ring, go to http://www.ringkc.com/

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: