Monday, November 19, 2007

A passage

I was passed by a motorcycle yesterday. Mine. I sold it.

What a melancholy moment. Great memories riding with the church group, camping trip to Arrow Rock, here and there, around I went.

Why sell it? I have owned it for five years. It only has 3500 miles on it. I think I rode it 4 times this season. Kids in college, ya ya ya.

Sometimes in life we have to make "value neutral" decisions. Decisions that don't seem to strike us as particularly right or wrong, good or bad, its just a decision that you need to make. Your decision. Sometimes I find these to be very difficult. Second guessing myself. Didn't ride the bike much, but I am afraid I am going to miss it.

So, melancholy. Its a bittersweet day. Here, there. Even, odd. Up, down.

These are perfect days for me to remember what this is all about. See the good. Its good. Its all good. It will all work out. I choose my outlook, I choose my day. Hey, I think I will think about God, not the motorcycle. There. The day is already better. Good morning, Lord.

Its a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: