Sunday, November 18, 2007

Good Morning, Lord

There were five deer on church property this morning when I arrived. :-)

When I was in high school and my faith was just coming to life, I used to be annoyed by the fact that I would realize late in the day that I was just thinking of God for the first time. I decided that I should be aware of Him earlier in the day. So I made a little contest for myself. How long would it take me to say, "Good Morning, Lord." Some days it took til the afternoon. Some days til lunch. But little by little, I began to wake with an awareness of God's presence.

Question. Are we really even awake, if we are not aware of God?

Do you go thru entire days without thinking of him? Or do you fall in bed, exhausted from all the important work of the day, and only then remember to thank him?

What if we learned to begin the day with an acknowledgement of God's presence. What if we practiced saying "hello." Good Morning, Lord.

To begin the day with God is to begin the day with perspective. His love, his grace present with us. Enfolding us. Guiding us.

Its a beautiful day in God's world. Be sure to see the good.

No comments: