Monday, November 26, 2007

Steal Away

In the quiet hours of the day, steal away to Jesus.

Sleeping is not going so well for me tonight. Not sure why.

There is a song in my head. Not sure how it got there. I go back a long way with this song. My Dad had this song stuck in his head about a year before he died. He felt like God was calling him home. I miss Dad.

I don't think God is calling me home, but I want to share the lyrics with you. Jennifer, tell Kris that this would be a great song for the gospel choir.

Steal Away. Steal Away. Steal Away.
Steal Away to Jesus. Steal Away. Steal Away home.
I haven't got long to stay here.
Steal Away. Steal Away. Steal Away.
Steal Away to Jesus. Steal Away. (steal home)
Steal Away home. I haven't got long to stay here.

My lord, my lord, he calls me. (calls me)
He calls me by the thunder. (thunder)
The trumpet sounds way down in my sanctified soul.
I haven't got long to stay here.

Green trees are bending. (are bending)
Sinners stand a-tembling. (a-trembling)
The trumpet sounds within my soul.
I haven't got long to stay here.

Steal Away. (in the midnight hour)
Steal Away. (when you need some power)
Steal Away.(when you heart is heavy)
Steal Away to Jesus. (steal away to Jesus)
Steal Away. (steal away home)
Steal Away home. (haven't got long)
I haven't got long to stay here.

My Lord , he calls me. (calls me)
I can hear him calling me by the lightning. (lightnin')
The trumpet sounds within my soul.
I haven't got long to stay here. (its gonna be over after while)

Steal away to Jesus. (oh) Steal away. Steal Away Home
Steal Away to Jesus. I haven't got long to stay here.
I haven't got long to stay here. (hallelujah steal away)
I haven't got long to stay here.

Here it is 4am and my soul is thinking about eternity with Jesus. That's cool. I give thanks for the blessing of his presence in this early hour of the day.

I am thankful for you, my friend. Thankful for your love, thankful for your joy. Thankful for your journey. I love you. We're all a part of God's body. May our good Lord bless you richly this day. In fact, as you read these words, open your hearts and receive the blessing of his words of love to you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Erik B said...

Thanks Jeff.
What a really great way to start my day. I feel better after
reading your words. What a gift. It is good to remember that we are all connected.

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I do not know you, however, your soul sounds like it is searching and lonely. The life of a pastor can be so very lonely.
May God embrace you with love, comfort and peace of mind as you continue to miss your dad.
May the days ahead have rays of sunshine through those dark clouds.