Thursday, November 29, 2007

This day

I am awake. I am excited about today. Why? I don't think it is due to content. Here is what is going on today:

I am meeting my boss, the DS for breakfast for my annual review. I have a meeting about what kind of programs will be offered with the new building addition. I have a member coming in to visit about some undisclosed topic. I have an appointment to spend time with a staff person on a sermon that they are working on. I have some reading to get done. I am working on some information for the web site. My wife is in San Antonio today. That is today, the Lord willing.

Well, don't you think that every day should be exciting for a Christian? I had another song stuck in my head when I woke up today. Where do they come from? Its a country song. By the way, I like both kinds of music: country and western. Alabama did this song:

Give me one more shot,
I'll give it all I've got.
Let me open my eyes
to a new sunrise I pray.
Give me one more chance,
I'll learn to dance the dance,
I'm satisfied just being alive,
give me one more day........

I pray that no matter what you may be facing today, you will see the good. It is a great privilege that we have to be alive. To go about sharing God's love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: