Friday, November 2, 2007

today

Today I awake with joy.

It's not always like that. Sometimes there are worries, sometimes there are problems. Sometimes for no apparent reason, I am stressed. On days like that, I need a preacher to remind me to see the good.

But not today. I love days like today. Today, everything that I have learned has come to bear on my brain. I am at peace. I have joy. I have a few problems too, but that just makes it all the better. Peace and joy in the midst of problems. Cool. Good.

When I can, when we are able to see the joy and find the peace, it is good. It is pure. It is like we are existing in the state for which we are created. On days that I struggle, I am gripped by my troubles and by efforts to release myself from them. But on days like today we can be consumed with God's love and be determined to extend his grace to others.

If you woke up with worry, I wish you the ability to grip the trouble and manage it. To see the good thru the pain. If you woke up with joy, then celebrate. And may all of us have more days filled with love, filled with good, filled with peace and filled with joy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: