Wednesday, December 9, 2009

bell ringing

This Saturday, Dec 12th our church has 4 spots open for anyone that wants to ring the bell for the Salvation Army. Our shifts are at Walmart in Lees Summit, 2 hour shifts from 12-2; 2-4; and 4-6.

If you would like to help, please send me an email at jeffb@woodschapelchurch.org

As you know this is one of my favorite things to do. It is such a joy to see the happy faces of people who are helping the needy. It is so cool to see parents teach their children to be generous. It is also a very very easy way to help the least of these.

Let me know if you want to help on Saturday.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I am so excited about it. I've always wanted to do this and I'm so glad that you kind of "paved the way" for us.

Bring on the snow, bring on the cold, bring on that gift giving Christmas spirit! I threw in the cold and snow thinking some people might give more out of sympathy for the cold bell ringer. Not that that's a good reason, but it might just help. ; )