Monday, December 28, 2009

thoughts from the sermon

There were a few troubling thoughts in the sermon yesterday. Troubling to me.

"Do the gifts that I give to others have any real meaning or am I just fulfilling some sort of an obligation?"

"How many sweaters should one person own?"

"Consumption. Am I an over-consumer? Do I hurt people by how much I consume? Does my level of consumption keep me from giving gifts? Am I even brave enough to ask such questions and truly examine my life?"

"Perfume and jewelry and sweaters are not gifts, they are apologies for gifts. the only true gift is a part of one's self."

I guess it is a good thing when the preacher is still thinking about the sermon on Monday morning.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Pastor, It's not just a God Thing. I was still asking myself the same Questions.
Greg