Tuesday, December 29, 2009

love

I have been thinking about it lately. And that is a good thing. Love is the most important thing that we do. It is the most valuable commodity that we share. At the end of the day, it is the thing that everyone wants. You may have a great car, a big house, a fat wallet, good health, even a long life, but if you are coming up short on love, it all rings a little bit hollow.

Anthony Demello has some very cool things to say about love. One of them is, "the lover creates the love." There are so many things to think about that statement, I am not sure where to begin. My grey matter begins to arc when I ponder those words....the lover creates the love.

As the fat cat jumps into my lap, I am at this moment reminded of a good illustration of this point. When we got the fat one [her real name is Princess Kiki] she hid from me. She hid from everyone. I can remember thinking, why do we feed a cat that will not sit on your lap. Well, I just kept working on that cat, getting in my cat scratchins as she would allow. Over time, she decided that I was ok. Now, this cat waits for me in the morning. I open the bedroom door and there she is. We walk together to the top of the stairs where we both sit down, and I give her the first cat loving of the day. The lover creates the love.

I really believe that we have the chance in this life to become friends with everyone. It's just a matter of how you treat them. The lover creates the love. Eventually they will come to it. Proverbs 16 says, "a wise man makes even his enemies to be at peace with him." The lover creates the love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At Teresa's service I was listening and watching as she and A.J. were asked to express one word that would convey how they would describe WCC. Before each of them answered, I said to myself...love! Sure enough that was Teresa's response, as well. Love sums it all up pretty tidily, doesn't it?

She will be missed by us all. Super little gal!
M.A.