Saturday, December 26, 2009

real life

Well, I woke up about twenty minutes ago. I was having an awesome dream. I was in Royals stadium, in the outfield seats. A home run had been hit and I caught the ball. The next batter hit another home run and the ball bounced around and came over by me. I was just diving down, leaning down to get the ball, my hand was on the ball.............and I woke up.

What a happy moment. Two home run balls, back to back. But no, you wake up, and there is a foot of snow in your driveway and it is 12degrees. That is real life. I isn't always like what happens in your dreams.

I got out of bed. Even though I was not in Royals stadium, I got out of bed.

I believe that this is a gift of God. Getting out of bed and putting your game face on, even when, especially when real life is not as good as your dreams. It isn't always easy, but we have to learn to throw back the covers and put our feet on the floor one at a time. Any hope that we have of achieving something this day, begins with one single step in the right direction. Trusting in God's goodness is a big help too.

It's a beautiful day, but a cold and snowy day in God's world., be sure to see the good.

No comments: