Thursday, December 24, 2009

I went to church

Last night I got to go to Church. It is not very often that I just get to go and sit in church. Last night I went to the first ever meeting of the Beacon UMC at the SAC [Sports Activity Complex] in Independence. The owner of the SAC is allowing the new church to meet there for free. What a blessing. The space was decorated so nicely. There was a parking lot attendant, a door man, greeters and ushers. The band was great. There was a giant screen for the powerpoint. Pastor Dave and Donna H did a great job with the message. Holy Communion was served. Over 100 people were in attendance.

I was so happy to be there. So happy for the new church start. So pleased that your new church is off to a good start. So glad to just be able to go to church and worship.

You all are invited to attend Christmas Eve services today at Woods Chapel. Regardless of the weather, our schedule will be as follows: 10am, 4pm, 530pm, 7pm, 830pm and 11pm. Remember, there is always a special feeling when we make the effort to attend church when the weather is bad. God bless you my friends, I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

It is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Like the USPS, I'll be there. Hopefully at the 11:00 P.M. service--I love the peace and serenity of a cold, dark, wintery night and the comfort I feel in the house of the Lord. WCC is so special to me.

If I don't get a chance to talk to you tonight, I want to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Plus, the doorman made a $1!

Anonymous said...

I've been out of town over Christmas. Missed the services at WCC but was able to attend a very small church in Willis, Texas while there. Small sanctuary, very nice people, standing room only for Christmas Eve. I was so glad we were able to attend.

Tonia