Sunday, December 13, 2009

a blessing

Over the past 52 years, I have seen almost every Christmas special at least once. Most of them, it has been years since I have watched them.

This year, since the sermon series is touching one of the great Christmas specials each week, I have been watching them all.

It has been such a blessing to watch the Grinch, charlie brown, and the Christmas Carol [1951 version with Alistair Sim].

These stories speak to the hearts of people. That is why they are famous. Be sure to take some time this year to sit down and watch them all. It's a wonderful life. The Christmas story. Joyeaux Noel. You will be blessed by the work of God through these movies and TV specials.

Make the time to do it. Don't miss the blessing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of blessings, wasn't the cantata magnificent!!! The choir and orchestra have such talented, dedicated members, and Kris brings it all together beautifully. I was sorry not to be participating, but loved the view from the congregation. My favorite is He Knows My Name. Brings me to tears every time. Betty

Sharon said...

Ditto Betty. When I saw "He Knows My Name" on the program, I was very excited. I found myself "mumbling" along with it. Some songs just get to you--in such a good way. ; )