Thursday, December 10, 2009

suicide

To the one who is thinking about this...... I beg you to stop and think. Think about the fact that things can and will get better. Think about all the good that you will miss. Think about the empty hole that you will leave behind. The sorrow that others will feel is immeasurable. We humans are all in this dance together and when someone intentionally quits, the collective soul of the community is hurt. We can help you. Reach out to a friend. Reach out to anyone. Reach out to me.

See. See. SEE. See the good. See the beauty of the snow. Watch the children playing. See the bird on the tree branch. Listen to it's song. Sit with a pet, scratch it's back. Go for a walk. Think of everything that you will see, think of everything that you will do. Think of everything that you can be.

You are wanted. We want you to live. I want you to live. Think, See, Listen.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard someone explain suicide like this once and it seemed so profound:

"Your problems are temporary, but death is forever."

Problems can be dealt with, but death is the end. While you're here on earth, LIVE. It really is a beautiful place.

Paula said...

There is hope. I know that all you can think about is ending your pain. There are other answers to ending your pain. Jeff is right, there are people that care about you. Reach out. I have been where you are--reach out to me.
Paula 816-682-1831

Susan R. said...

This is powerful and wonderfully written, Jeff. I wish this could be read on every radio station and seen on every TV screen around the world. I've often wondered what I would say to someone who was in this much dispair--now I know. Thank you God for this message and may you whisper it in the ears of everyone who thinks there is no other way out.

H4EO said...

May you be blessed for listening on our behalf.