Monday, December 21, 2009

jazz band concert

I really enjoyed the concert last night. If you missed it, you probably won't miss it next year. This was an awesome night of celebration.

One of the things that I enjoyed was a statement by one of the emcee's for the evening who said something like this, "you have been to many Christmas programs at other churches, this won't be anything like those." Everyone laughed. I think I know what he meant. Some programs are very traditional and very "spiritual." There are a few others that are full of guilt. The jazz band program was all about joy and celebration.

Let me tell you,
that,
is very spiritual.

Everything does not always have to be heavy to be good. I think Jesus would love a program of joy and celebration. I sure did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: