Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas

Nothing can keep Christmas from coming. The Grinch tried to stop it, but it is unstoppable. My entire family was home over the weekend, now they are gone.

I am alone, but I am pressed. It is time. The tree must go up. So, I put up the tree by myself. Well, two cats helped. Anytime that you put out a ladder, the cats show up to climb it.

I put on my favorite Christmas music. King's College singers. I got the tree out and I set it up. Alone. But that is ok.

We are never really alone if we know what Christmas is about.

Don't let anything steal your Christmas joy. Don't let anything get in the way of the most wonderful time of the year.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

LOL Love the cat on the ladder. Sounds like a book title to me. ; )

I put my tree up on Saturday--alone. Maybe all of us "loners" should get together each year and travel from house to house putting up each others' trees. We could chat, drink eggnog and sing Christmas Carols. No cats allowed!

Actually, I kind of enjoyed putting mine up by myself. I got to do it MY way. ; )