Sunday, December 27, 2009

Open for business

Yes. We are open for business. All four services. The coffee is on and the parking lot and the sidewalks are cleared.

I woke up this morning to 2 more inches of snow and a long list of church closings. Keep in mind, there are many that are staying open.

Come as you are. Wear your snow shoes. Messed up hair. No one cares. We are open for business. The presence of God is already there.

Hope to see you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...I couldn't sleep this morning because I kept trying to figure out what I was going to wear this morning and how bad my hair was going to look. Now I can relax and just come.

And your comment about God's presence already being there reminded me of one of the Gospel songs we sing--"The presence of the Lord is here....I feel it in the atmosphere". I love that song and I love that place.

See you soon.

KCSherri said...

I should have read your blog BEFORE I went to church! I wore my jeans this morning - first time in a long time I've worn jeans to church - and as I walked out the door, I said to myself, rather defensively, "Hey - there's a foot of snow out there - and if I have to help push the car if we get stuck, I want my jeans on."

I shouldn't have been so defensive - I walked in this morning and it was rather nice to see, first, all the people came - and second, all of the other blue jeans. I fit right in. :) Snow boots and all. :)

Loved it.

And for the record, a woman can never own too many pairs of black shoes. I'm just sayin....