Friday, December 18, 2009

joy

Joy. I awake today with joy.

The joy of seeing an old friend. The joy of having someone that you can say anything to. My wife is coming home today. The joy of having those in your life who forgive your sins. The joy of children that are starting to get it. The joy of a less commercial Christmas. The joy of pastor friends. The joy of the persnickety, elusive, reclusive cat that for some reason today wants to sit on my lap.

The joy of having a church home. The joy of watching people being generous. The joy of someone gathering around because you are simply nice to them. The joy of FPU. A cup of coffee. Disciple Bible Study. The joy of so many people that have called me this season and want to help families in need.

There is so much good. I awake today with joy on my mind, and I thank God for that.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: