Sunday, December 20, 2009

a great gift

Yesterday I visited the home of a couple in our church. They were having an open house for their wedding anniversary, only they did not know it. It was a surprise to them and for them. Someone loved them so much that they threw a surprise anniversary party for them.

Here is the kicker.......it was their children, who are in college that threw the party! Imagine that, your kids who are in college love the parents so much that they send invites to their friends and create a surprise celebration.

Amazing.

I hope my kids don't read this. I would never want them to throw a party for the parents simply because someone else's kids did.

I imagine those parents going to bed last night, commiserating on the day. Giving thanks for the amazing gift of love that they received. That is a good thought.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: