Thursday, December 17, 2009

I hear you don't have a church

I hear that you are a reader of this blog, but that you don't have a church that you attend. Let me take a moment today to invite you to Woods Chapel.

I know that you, like 80% of the rest of America, have been hurt or guilted by some church in the past. At Woods Chapel, we do not deal in guilt. Jesus did not attempt to win people by guilt or fear. It is a bad motivator. It is human attempts to manipulate people. The message of Jesus is so strong, so powerful, that it wins people simply because it is such good news. No guilt or fear is needed.

You are loved. You are forgiven. You are free. You are not required to do anything. God already did it all. What you do at church is all based on your loving response to this God who fills you and leads you, from the inside out.

You don't have to have the right clothes. People at Woods Chapel dress in all ways. No one will even notice what kind of car you drive, what kind of clothes you wear, or what your tattoo says.

Whatever worries or hurts from the past have kept you from attending church, I pray that you give this place a try. There is a joy that comes from being a part of a great group of amazing people. The music is awesome. The mission work continues to astound me. We have excellent programs for children and youth. The thing that you may have been missing in your life, you will find in the hearts of the people and in the presence of Christ.

Please come give us a try. Be sure to introduce yourself to me when you visit, because I want to personally welcome you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

H4EO said...

I am grateful to have found a place to worship that is lead by thoughts such as these.

chigger farmer said...

I am an example of what happens when someone gets invited to come to this church. Many years ago a caring woman I worked with in Overland Park told me about this great church in Lee's Summit, and invited me to come. She was there the Sunday we attended and that gesture plus the authentic warmth,love and acceptance of the entire experience has kept us here! We found our church home by a simple invitation to come as we were; and we did.